Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Seriously??

So, I know you are all shocked because I just posted but the sickest thing happened this morning and I think it's pretty blog worthy. So I tutor a couple of kids at Midvale Elementary a few times a week and I was there this morning with my little
1st grader Gustavo. We were sitting outside the classroom doing some reading when another little boy walks out who obviously isn't feeling well. He was with a teacher and she was holding a garbage can. I quickly put two and two together and realized that this kid was going to blow chunks.

I started to panic because I don't do well with throw up. How I am going to have children, not sure. Anyhoo, the teacher proceeds to stop with the kid ONE FOOT behind the desk I was sitting at and is coaching him so he can make it into the garbage can. At this point, I am sweating. And poor little Gustavo. Probably didn't understand why I was rushing him through his book and yelling at him when he wasn't getting a word right. That little book could not end fast enough. No offense, little man. When the kid started to dry heave, so did I, and I had had enough. I rushed Gustavo back to his classroom while I ran around the corner. Don't think I didn't give that teacher the biggest crusty ever as I ran by her! Why would you not take the kid to the bathroom?? Does she not understand that some people have NO tolerance for throw up? And the poor kid! Who wants to throw up in a hallway while others are passing by? I am telling you, if he would have, I would have too, no matter how empty my stomach was. And then we would have had a situation.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Right there with you Al - can't deal with throw up!

Unknown said...

Dido! I hear when it's your kids though it's different...I hope! I have some puking stories for you. I will share them with you this Saturday. Get excited.