Monday, September 21, 2009

It's day 1, and I am already dying



So, a friend of mine gave me this crazy idea to start this little 12 week diet. I am not doing it for the diet aspect, just to tone my not-so-fab areas. She has been doing it for a 9 weeks and not only does she love it, but she is seeing awesome results.

Enter me.

I bought the program about a month ago and have been putting off starting it. To be frank, a big part of my social life is eating out and this little program virtually eliminates that. I was having nightmares of sitting around a table with all my friends, salivating, all while sipping my water out of my trusty water bottle. I honestly can't think of anything more miserable. I decided to bite the bullet and start it today.

Let me paint a picture of how my morning went.

This little gem requires me to get up at 6, something I haven't done since high school. Normal people are supposed to down a protein shake and then head to the gym. I decided it was in my better interests to down a protein shake and head back to bed. As a side note, if the the taste of that protein shake was any indication of what the next 12 weeks is going to be like, the chances of me sticking to this are slim to none. I slept for another hour and then I had to eat again. Seriously?? I am not even hungry. I forced down a breakfast burrito which wasn't half bad.

Enter the water.

Let it be known. I am not a big water drinker. Sure, if I am working out, love it. But never ever would I just pour myself a tall glass of water. I have tried on several occasions to overcome this and I keep going straight back to my milk. I am now required to drink 4 LITERS of water A DAY!!!!!!

Does anyone comprehend how much that is?? I may as well just take my laptop to the bathroom with me. It is 12:30 and I have already been 5 times. It just seems so unnatural. It's like I always have the signal but I just hold it until my bladder is about to burst. My little water bottle just stares at me and every few minutes, I force myself to take a few swigs.

I am not kidding when I say I have never detested something so much.

I even googled to make sure it wasn't harmful to drink that much. Because I am pretty sure there was a story a few years back about parents who killed their child by making him drink too much water. All I can say is, Lord help me. This will for sure be my biggest task during the next 12 weeks. Hopefully it will all pay off when I become svelte with killer abs. I'll report back my results.

Wish me luck! Time to eat again!

3 comments:

Katie A. said...

you can do it elli! now i'm a total early-to-rise-er and major water drinker! it is so worth it! good luck!

Uzi said...

Good luck with that one! I NEVER drink water because I have to pee too much, and you my friend are a saint for all of us with this problem! And yes, it is not the best for some situations. That story you heard about is true. Tammy teachers her at the prison in Draper once a month. Sad story, don't let it happen to you! :) Good luck!

Leymaster Family said...

Good luck wth that! I wanna see those killers abs after!