Monday, October 5, 2009

What a way to start a Monday

So, this morning I was at the gym. It was early, and surprisingly, I didn't mind being there. As I was on the eliptical machine, I noticed this cute little couple in their mid 60's working out together. I don't know what it was about them, but they just looked cute. They walked down the stairs about 15 minutes before I did. As I finished my workout, I headed to the locker room to wash my hands before I left. Imagine my surprise as that same "cute" lady was standing butt naked, facing me as I came around the corner. Really?? It's like she was waiting for me, right in my path to the sink. As I tried to recall, I'm pretty sure that upstairs, 15 minutes earlier, her workout was minimal at most. She definitely wasn't sweaty enough to justify a shower. I know it's a locker room but couldn't she have stepped into one of the stalls? The handi stall was for sure big enough to accomodate her nakedness...

She suddenly became not so cute.

On that note, I don't think I will ever be comfortable enough with my bod to just strut my stuff around a locker room and I don't understand how a lot of people are!It would be one thing if it was attractive ladies but it is ALWAYS done by those who definitely shouldn't. I know you know what I mean. As a 12-year-old swimming at Steiner, I never got used to it and call me immature, but I still am not.

Unfortunately, I don't hide my emotions well and I'm pretty sure she saw me dry heave as I walked by. It didn't help that I had music blaring through my headphones, so who knows what kind of sick sound I made.

I didn't think it could worse until I walking out and noticed that she was standing on the scale, in her GARMENTS. Again, really?? I think we all know there is a time and a place for those and a gym locker room DOES NOT fall into this category.

It's little wonder that people think Mormons are freaks.

3 comments:

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

Was it Lars? She's known for stuff like that!

The Stringham's said...

Ha ha ha! I love reading your posts...so funny! Haven't seen you in a long time...hope things are going well :)