Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Extravaganza!


So, every year, my extended family does a Thanksgiving shootout. It brings out the white trash side of us, which we love. We have been doing this for as long as I can remember and I have been losing in the first round for as long as I can remember. It does leave some down time to be creative out there on the west side. A few years ago, Brooke, Mikey and I decided that we were going to make a "Gun" calendar. The pictures were taken yet the calendar was never born. Maybe this year... The Michigan Stews have also won the "Reeses Cup" competition for as long as I can remember. My bros are usually in the finals but we can never seem to pull out a win. This year, Chris had to work so we were leaning on Adam and Mike. My poor dad is the king of choking under pressure so he was hopeless. Adam and Mike and to go head to head in the semis and Adam prevailed.

This unfortunately was not the end of the battle. He then had to go up against the reiging champ, my cousin Scott. Although he was pale and shakey, he defeated him. The rest of us were just as surprised as he was that we had made it to the finals. This would be the toughest battle of all. He had to go against the mother ship, my uncle Bruce. Adam isn't very good under pressure and I knew it was bad when he needed to throw up before he shot.
To our dismay, the pressure was too much. Between the bribes from my dad and the thought of being disowned from the family, he choked and the Parkridge Stews lost again.

On a happier note, we had a lovely Thanksgiving and Luke was privledged to have his own meal. Solid foods for the first time! What a champ!

5 comments:

adam said...

I'm sorry! OK! I'm Sorry! But that is the cutest picture of the Luke!

Brooke said...

Umm... why are the Haths never invited to the shootout? We would make a damn lovely gun calendar if we pooled our resources.

Unknown said...

Alls,
Hey-babe-what-is up?
Your lil neph is so cute. He totally looks like a Stewart. We need to get everyone together for dinner.

Oh ya, I am also mad at you. Thanks for calling me about the Miss Utah pageant.

Tara and Dan said...

Oh my goodness! My whole in-law family is on here and I didn't even realize it!

LOVED the Thanksgiving blog. I laughed out loud many times. But, somehow it's so much more fun for me to see the pictures and hear the stories rather than be there in the freezing cold myself... hahhaha

Tara and Dan said...

hmm, and by whole family I mean...you! I saw Adam's comment, but there's not blog. I saw Brooke's comment, but looks like it's a different Brooke.... But, yay that I found you!