Friday, February 13, 2009

Brilliant..


A couple of nights ago, I had the chance to go down and volunteer at the homeless shelter. I have never been there before and it was a sobering experience. We got to decorate Valentine's cookies and make Valentine's boxes with the kids. I just wanted to take this cute little girl, Janessa, home with me. When we asked her what she wanted on her box, she specified Doritos. It actually makes perfect sense. Walking around that classroom passing out your V-day cards is tiring! And there is nothing like a little dorito pick-me-up if you will. She was absolutely adorable and it was hard walking out the doors, leaving her in that horrible place.

As a side note, she wanted to make another box for her 3-year-old brother, Angel. Her one request for this box? A midget. She saw "a little man" at the park the other day and was intrigued. We thought maybe she saw a little boy but she was POSITIVE it was a man. Her request was granted. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of how that turned out.

1 comment: