Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines in SV

Some friends and I decided to take a little weekend getaway to Sun Valley last week. We were having a blast sporting some 1980's snowsuits that we found at Sun Valley's version of the DI, The Gold Mine. I think we went there twice a day for various items. I am telling you, my snowsuit was made for my body! Not only did I wear it for 3 straight days, but I wanted to sleep in it too. It even came with a mysterious stain in the bum area....never looked too closely to determine what it was but I think we all know. See below.


All was well until we decided to go sledding on the last day. The hill looked a little freaky and it was full of bumps. Let's be honest though, we really just needed another excuse to wear our one-piecers. We were there for about 20 minutes when Monique decided to get crazy. Last thing I saw was her flying down the mountain. At one point she got about 3 feet of air. We were dying laughing until she stopped and we realized she was hurt. This is the scene right after the incident. She couldn't get up but was kind enough to let me take a picture. I told her she would thank me later.




This is cute little Kelli pulling her to the car

She thought she broke her tailbone so we decided to take a trip to the ER to check it out. Don't mind us looking homeless.







The bad news is that she had to spend a few hours in the ER and get a shot in the rear. And that little compression fracture she got in her lower back. The good news is that she got all drugged up and has to use a walker for 4-6 weeks...She was laughing just as hard as we were so I don't feel so bad. It certainly makes a good story.

And on the way home, we bought ourselves a little Valentines Gift at the Flying J. A sweet pink t-shirt with a buck on the whole front side. On top of the buck in some sweet writing it says, "this babe bags bucks". You better believe we do. I'll have to post a pic of that later.

**Our celeb siting for the week was Jodi Foster up in the village. This was our conversation after we heard the sales lady ask her if she was Jodi Foster.

Alli: "Oh my gosh, that is Jodi Foster."
Kelli: "Oh jeez, what should we do?"

We just stood there as she walked out of the store. We are nerds.

3 comments:

Leymaster Family said...

Al
I have to say that your blog is among my favorite! I just love your stories. You are really turning out to be a great storyteller like your dad!
Miss ya!

Brooke said...

I really am so sad I missed all the fun. Sniff... sniff. Poor Monique, but also awesome because of the drugs and walkers and stuff.

Ally said...

remember last time in the Sun Val when we not only almost got runned over by Tom Hanks, but Jamie Lee Curtis didn't wash her hands after using the bathroom at the store.