Thursday, July 30, 2009

J to the ackson


So this picture pretty much sums up our vaca to Jackson last weekend. It was full of good friends, good laughs and good times. We stayed in Colter Bay in what they call "tent cabins". This is basically high-end camping for those who are too high maintenance to seriously rough it. My response to this was "yes, please." I would camp all the time if my tent was already set up, access to hot water is plentiful, and I can turn a light on in my tent.

Mike was our host and we totally doubled his work load by being there. I'm pretty sure on about hour 2, he was questioning the invitation.

Not only did he heat our tent at night but he was consistently bringing over left over scraps from his family's meals. All we brought was crap so it was nice to get something healthy every once in a while.

On Friday night, he was nice enough to take us skiing. Once again, taking five girls on the boat when you are the only one who knows how to operate it is a task. He gave me a quick lesson in driving so that he was able to ski on the glassy glass too.




On Saturday, we decided to rent one of those motor boats that has a top speed of about 7mph. We thought we would take it out, catch some rays, and do a little swimming. What we didn't realize was how difficult it would be to get back in the boat. She may kill me but this was too funny not to post.





No, we didn't bring our parapalegic friend, Jess was just desperate to tan the back of her legs.

After our two hours of fun, we took the boat back. As we pulled up, this old man approached us and asked why we weren't wearing our life jackets. I didn't know that we had to wear them the whole time so he proceeded to yell at us, asked if we thought it was funny, and told us next time he was calling the cops. I would like to see what a cop what have done....please.

That night, after an awesome rain storm, we had a fire and roasted things.



It was a blast, as it always is with these fun gals! I'm so glad that my friends are as random as I am and are always up for a good road trip!


Until next weekend...

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Jealousy does not cover how my heart feels about not following through on my self-invitation.

liz said...

alli! i love the pic at the top with the feet. too classic for words.

Ally said...

are you on a step stool or are you friends as short as me?

fancy nancy said...

l-o-v-e-d it :) i really could have gotten myself back into the boat--i was just being dramatic!

fancy nancy said...

oh--and i just saw that you changed your banner. great pic :) it really does sum up the weekend.

Tara and Dan said...

What a fun trip!! Gotta love Jackson :)