Monday, March 16, 2009

Can you imagine??


This my friends, is Kimi. Kimi had a brilliant idea on Friday which led us to Idaho Falls on Saturday at 7AM. Why, you ask? Oh, only to try out for the greatest show ever, The Amazing Race. I have been a fan of the show for a while and would pretty much die if I could be on it. The best thing about this "reality show" is that it isn't mean and degrading like the other shows out there. You don't get voted off for being weird or ugly. It is truly a race around the world and the best part is that you win 1 million dollars if you come in first!

The auditions were at a random Hampton Inn in IF and as we sat and waited with the other 40 couples trying out, Kimi and I were trying to fill out our applications. You have to write things about your partner like what you like, dislike, your pet peeves and what famous person you think you look like and who others think you look like. We were dying laughing as we were coming up with things for each other. We decided that I was stubborn and don't explain things well and that Kimi is flaky and doesn't listen to me. Our famous people were classic. I put that someone once thought I looked like Gisele Buncheon (a crazy lady in Soho) and Kimi put Estelle Getty. Not sure where that came from... What a pair they would make!



In turn, we had to do it for each other too, so I said that Kimi reminded me of Bette Midler and she said that I was Kelly Kapowski. Another classic pair.




After our two minutes in front of the camera and a drive by the Titantic museum (how random is that??), we made our way back to SL. Now it's just a waiting game...



I did become a little nervous as I was watching the show last night and one of the roadblocks was running a mile and a half in your underwear..Can you imagine the looks that we would get running down the street, sporting the g-force???

Seriously though, what would we do??? It REALLY made me nervous.

3 comments:

Katie A. said...

I am so happy you tried out! i was thinking the same thing about the g's last night! zach said that maybe you could consider the amazing race a "sport" and therefore wear undies. um, don't think so! if you make it, just bring a change of granny pannies.

SHIPP said...

are you kidding me, how awesome you tried out. you guys would definitely win, and if anything your personalities should get you in.

Jessica said...

You HAVE to make it. Did you happen to get contact info for the decision makers - a little bribe couldn't hurt?!