Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Is THAT the reason why we are still single??



Let me paint a picture...It's a Saturday afternoon. Kelli(my VT coordinator AND friend) and I have been at the ward for 4 hours trying to split the RS and make new assignments for everyone. We sit in the clerk's office with a creepy heater that talks to us yet doesn't produce an ounce of heat. For weeks, we had planned on going sledding with a bunch of peeps and it was all supposed to go down that night. As we huddled around the computer, the feeling in our fingers left. We made an executive decision and decided that sledding was the LAST thing we wanted to do. We opted for dinner and movie instead.

We met at Kelli's house, 6 gals and the 2 guys we talked into hanging out with us. 4 out of the 6 gals had hats on which usually means one thing. We were showerless. To confirm it, I asked everyone to raise a hand if they hadn't showered that day. All hands went up. As we all started to laugh, the look on the boys' faces said it all...It was like they were totally disgusted but didn't want to be rude and say anything. All I'm saying is that it takes time and when you have no set plans...really, why would you? I won't mention someone in particular who hadn't showered on Friday either...shockingly, it wasn't me. The boys claim that they shower because it makes them feel good. My response to that is, not as good as my pj's at 3PM on a Saturday afternoon.

Maybe THAT is why we are still single...just a thought.

As a sidenote: I must say that you were all looking fabulous for not showering. At least we know how to hide it!

And, just incase you didn't know it, Jesus does love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool story Hans. And to comment on Mikey's love of baby wipes- yes they are great for big people butts too- not just baby ones. I can't believe I am leaving this on your blog. What I like to do is finish off with the babe wipe on occasion. It's nice to know you are completely cleaned off down there (have I created a dreamy visual for you?). And especially if you are NOT showering everyday- you should definitely get your hands on some wipes. In fact, next time you come visit me I would be more than happy to give you a pack.

Gardner's said...

I guess I should still be single or dumb John settled for a stinky rat for a wife that would join you in the pajamas over a shower anyday!!