Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oops!!

Yesterday I realized it that it was almost the end of the month and I still hadn't contacted my girls for visiting teaching. I got new girls and a new partner this month so we decided that I would contact them and she would prepare a little lesson. Out of the three that we now visit, I have met one, and don't know the other two. And, based on previous experience, I've learned that people respond to a text message better than a voicemail. Keep in mind that I have never seen these girls in RS or Sacrament meeting so I don't know how active they are.

So, I started to text one of them. Her name is Sayward. My text said something like this:

"Hi Sayward! This is Alli and I am your new visiting teacher. Melinda and I were wondering if there is a time we can stop by and see you this week. Let me know what works best for you!"

After I sent it, I looked at the message again and didn't realize what that sneaky little predictive text had done. This is what was actually sent.

"Hi Wayward! This is Alli and I am your new visiting teacher. Melinda and I were wondering if there is a time we can stop by and see you this week. Let me know what works best for you!"

Wayward!! I think that is the WORST possible thing to send to someone that might be on the verge of inactivity! I didn't know if I should send something else apologizing or just hope that she might realize that on an iPhone, the "S" and "W" are right by each other on the keyboard. I chose the latter.

Needless to say, she never responded. Chalk one up for me being an idiot.

1 comment:

Gardner's said...

Sorry to this girl but "Sayward" is not a name that will go without mistakes in her life. I am sure she is used to it!! Seriously, no offence Sayward if you are reading this atleast I am not calling you wayard!